The Bed Bug Story

I am playing around with the blogspot features. Hoping to find ways to make my blog looks nicer though I am a tad lazy ... as usual.

The story that I wana tell today is The Bed Bug Story -_-. The next day after I moved into the current place, my legs started to feel itchy. I didn't pay much attention to it coz I thought it's caused by the dirty linen (share house, wat to do). As days gone by, the itchiness spread to the other part of the body - legs, hands, waist & etc. I was so frusfrated that I decided to handwash the linen (have to pay 3.40 pounds for washing machine -crap!).

That particular night I was sleeping on a bed that's without bedsheet and hoping the itchiness will go away. I woke up a few times to apply medication oil and even pray to GOD so that I can fall asleep. IT'S REALLY THAT ITCHY. BUT the next morning, I woke up with a swallon left eye! I have itchy red blotches covering both hands, legs, neck, waist and even face! Could you imagine the terror of it-_-. Once I started scratching I couldn't stop and you know what will happen if you continue scratching the same area for too long, IT HURTS!

I was so shocked that I asked my cousin sister to accompany me to the doctor. I was so worried coz I don't know what are the charges here in London and what's wrong with me. I know its severe allergy but not knowing the cause makes me worry. I even thought that I am gonna be admitted to the hospital and whether I should contact my parents wtc! I was wondering how come my working holiday can be so woeful T_T.


So we spent almost an hour on the bus to the NEAREST hospital - Central Middlesex Hospital T_T.

photo courtesy of BBC UK (scratching non-stop already, how to take photo -_-)

I waited for like 2 hours for my turn. The nurse did the normal checking and waited for another 1 hour to see the doctor. The doctor is a nice and sweet asian lady ~ I was so worried she's gonna give me injection or maybe test my blood T_T. She said my blotches look like insect bites. When she knew I was staying in a share house, she confirmed that its BED BUGS. What the heck is bed bug? I've never heard of this in Malaysia. Ladybug I hear before la. Then she wiki and showed it to me T_T. I saw the ugly insects! I swore I killed one before and the blood stained is still on the wall but I never knew its the stupid bed bug or else I won't let it go so easily!

I called the landlord right after that requesting to change the beds! It seems like my cousins are being bitten as well but not as serious as me (poor me T_T). Spent 7 pounds to buy the cream and medicine, I really dono wat to say la...somemore have to suffer try not to scratch it...its killing me.

The blotches are getting lesser now but I got another 3-4 bites last night on my waist. I really don't know how to get rid of it. Pest control came before and beds are changed but seems like the bed bugs are still around.
Let me show you the FUGLY INSECT! *cursing*

Pic courtesy of citibug

I HATE YOU!

Comments

bacterium said…
Which part of the city are you in?
On working holiday visa?
kimong.com said…
GULPPPPPP...omg, i had rashes when i used a new towel...although i washed it once, guess the dye was just too strong!! thx for dropping me a comment. congrats on ur new blog :) i have more pics of melbourne soon... coming up (coz i just went there recently)

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap