A visit to Greenwich - Part 2

Continue from Part 1: (what?! you didn't read Part 1??? Go read it now before you continue reading part 2! :D)

After loitering around the Old Royal Naval college and taken tons of photos, we proceed to the next destination -
National Maritime Museum. The museum consists of the most important holdings in the world on the history of Britain at sea comprising more than two million items (extract from wiki). So basically, it's everything about the sea -_-. Most importantly, it's free entrance...wahahahaha!


A standard practice - take a photo first


Some of the exhibited items. It's quite interesting at the beginning but I got bored after a while. I think I am really not a "museum person".

Since we were so bored, we decided to move our way to the Royal Observatory Greenwich. One of the "Must Go" places in Greenwich. It was the first reasearch facility in Britain with scientific instruments for the research of astrology and navigations. It has now transformed into a museum with astrological and navigational tools. You can also find the starting point of GMT (Green Mean Time) here (you know the timing on your PC? Malaysia is GMT +8).


Instead of walking uphill, we hopped into the road-train (truck alike vehicle with passeger seats, again it's free! lol). Luckily we rode in this coz it's quite a long journey (10-15 minutes? uphill!)



The Royal Observatory Greenwich


In the astrology museum touching a stone o_0 don't play play, it's not an ordinary stone okay!


I touched the oldest object on earth!! (photos taking is not allowed in the museum but Abi managed to snap this pic before we were stopped by the guard..hoho)


The view is spectacular


Ain't it beautiful?


Can you see the Millennium Dome? (the white-shell roof top)


The 24 hour clock, I really don't know how to intepret the time on this clock -_-

The Greenwich Mean Time. One foot on GMT - and another on GMT +

Can you see Kuala Lumpur?


One last photo before we leave.

I donated 1 pound for the ride. I hope they will keep the free facilities on.

The sky was dark and my stomach was growling - that means it's dinner time!


One of the best meals I had in London. Seafood Ho Fun, can you see the big prawns, scallops and squid? I am feeling hungry now when I am writing this -_-


Since there's a big mirror in the washroom, it will be a waste not to camwhore...hoho (what wor, my room has no full length mirror, so sad right -_-). I just wana compare if I am thinner or fatter and I think my arse is still so big -_-.

After the sumptuous meal, we walked to the Greenwich market and realised the stalls were closing T_T.


Can you see the empty stalls behind -_-?

After a tiring day, it's time to go back to Central London, the polluted city -_-. Guess what transport did we take?


Cruise?? Waiting for the vehicle to arrive.


We were at the Greenwich Pier.


On the cruise...yeah right, it's actually a river boat. You really think I am so rich to be on a cruise-_-? The river boat is one of the public transport in London. Can you see the Tower Hill outside the window?


I look so comfortable but I was actually freezing and cursing in my heart -_- My acting darn good right ...lol


Inside the boat and I don't know the mat salleh behind us -_-

They even have a small snack bar in the boat.

If you are in London, go for the river transport at least once. It's a good experience to be on the Thames River. We paid 2 pounds and 60 pence each (with Oyster Card) for the journey.

Before I end Part 2, let me present you a video with a beautiful girl *cough*. Please ignore my messy hair and non-sense coz it was so windy and cold T_T.

P.S. I had a really bad week. I was so stressed and I felt so hopeless. I asked myself what's the real purpose of me being here? I doubted my own decision.

P.S. I am still considering if I should continue with Part 3 coz it has nothing to do with Greenwich anymore. Maybe I should, so that I can start writing about my trip to Bath???

P.S. Oh, I went to Bath on Saturday! Finally get out of London, even just for a while. Bath was actually our first choice when we decided to come to UK butsince KS is leaving so no point being there also. Hence, we landed in London -_-

P.S. Sorry buri, I take back my words. Please wait for me T_T

~Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf - Jonatan Mårtensson~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap