About Working Holiday Maker - Part 2

Edit: I have to make this clear, all the information provided on this blog is written based on what I know and what I've experienced. For more accurate details, please do some research yourself. I will not hold any responsibilities towards any mistakes made herein (there might be changes right -_-. later ppl come and sue me how?). PLEASE CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF. I AM JUST SHARING WHAT I KNOW. Thank you.

It's lunch time now, so I am gonna write a short entry - continue from the previous post.


Before applying the WHM visa, there are many considerations to be made.

1. Why do you want to apply for this visa? For me:
This is a once in a life-time experience. If I don't do it now, I will never do it and fyi, you gotta do it before you are 30. That means if you are 28, that's the last chance you can apply for the visa (plus 2 years of travelling you will be 30 by then).

2. Do you have any commitment?
Car or house installments, breadwinner of the family, you are married! (if you are married, it's compulsary for you to apply the visa with your spouse), girl friend/boy friend (please bear in mind the risk of a long distance relationship - I am suffering like sh*t now T_T) and etc etc.

3. Do you have enough money/ a sponsor?
You need quite a bit to apply the visa

Visa application fees: RM 1440

Documents: You will need to spend RM 10-30 to get your detailed bank statements (unless you print it online and got it certified by the bank)

Laptop: RM 2000-3000. Internet is essential in your daily life. hmm, maybe that's for me. I couldn't imagine my life without the Internet!!! You need that to look for jobs, accommodation, update yourself with the latest news in your home country, keep in contact with the family and boyfriend, online shopping (this is not essential...wahahah..but things are much cheaper online), look for travel information and etc etc.

Air Ticket: If you are gonna leave the country for more than a year, buy a one way ticket - there's no open ticket for more than a year. It will cost around RM 1800- RM 2000 depends on the airline. You can try Qantas, BA, Emirates (can stop by Dubai) or Qatar.

Got to go back to work now. TBC ...

*yawn*

Comments

gwen said…
Hey Mei,
just came across your blog after i googled for WHM. hehe... well, i must say you've got sum pretty interesting entries here. ok ok, i didnt get to read all of it as yet cos my eyes are threatening to close in on me (2am here now btw) but i really like your blog!

my best friend and i are in the midst of applying for the WHM, so your blog definitely is a motivator of sorts!
will it be ok if i get ur email add in case i need to ask you more abt WHM and all the shiizznit!? =D TQ!
Serene said…
Hi, Mei..

I enjoyed reading ur blog very much, and js to tell u to be strong to go through all the obstacles, I believe that U will always have ur family and frens support.

Js to check out wit u, coz i m in the midst of apply for WHM, and I shall reach my age 28 by Sept 2008u mentioned that the last chance will be 28 yrs old, is it means wat i need to do is come back to Msia before 30 yrs old? Bcoz all the time, I tot as long as apply before 30 yrs old, that would be fine.

Anyway, wil check it out wit Embassy..

Thanks and take gud care

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap