About Working Holiday Maker

I've checked my site meter this afternoon and realised part of the traffic were being directed from travellerspoint. Out of curiosity, I logged on to the site (have abandoned the site since I land my foot on London -_-) and find out that my blog URL is being posted in one of the forum threads *shy*.

Anyway, to those who are planning to apply for working holiday maker visa - let me know if I can help in any way. BUT please don't send me a short email and asked me to tell you more about my experience. It's tough to answer you know. How to reply everything from scratch. If you wana ask about my life, best is to check out my blog - started since Nov 2007. Though it's not very interesting but definitely easier for both you and me...lol.

Some Q and A.

Q: How to apply WHM?
visit http://www.vfs.com.my , you can get all the info there - including the application form and procedures to apply.

Q: Do I need to attend any interview?
Depends on your luck. Like me, sibeh no luck so I was being called for an interview T_T. Unlike my cousins who got the visa 2 days right after they submitted the application forms. Please make sure you have all the proper documents as it will influence your chances of getting the visa. If you need more info on this, buzz me.

Q: How much money do I need to bring or mention in the application form?
Do some maths and calculations, find out more about the living standard/standard expenses of the place where you plan to go. Make sure the amount of money you bring is enough to sustain for the first 2 months you are here. E.G. London is expensive, so around 12-15K will do for rental, transport and food (in ringgit of course). You can deduct the accommodation spending if you know someone here where you can tumpang.

Q: What questions they will ask during the interview?
They asked me many questions:
- Why do you apply for this visa?
- Where do you plan to go?
- What kind of jobs are you planning to take up?
- Where are you planning to travel?
- How much is the percentage of travelling and working within the time period you are there?
- Do you have any friends or relatives there?
- Where is your first destination/where do you plan to stay?
- How long you are planning to stay there?

& etc etc...it's quite straight forward. Just be honest to yourself and the interviewer (unless you are there to "jump aeroplane" -_-, which I don't encourage you to apply for this visa. Give chances to those who really wana come for the real purpose). After that, they will ask you to leave the room and wait outside. You will be called into the room again after like 15-20 minutes? This is the judgement time! They will let you know if they are granting you the visa on the spot.

After that, you will be very excited!!! I made it!!! Then after a while your excitement will turn into worries - that's how I feel. The process of preparation can really make you lose your patience. Worries will then follow you day and night -_-, what will happen when I reach UK? Can I find a job? Where should I stay? How much is the cheapest air ticket I can get? Which airline should I take? When should I leave? How's the weather there? Which is the best place to go? What should I bring? All these questions can bury you.

It's late for me now. I will continue my entry soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. If there's someone interested about it ...wahaha. Or else there's no motivation to write la ... work is tiring...trust me. I feel so old and worn out T_T. Oops, out of topic.

Got to go now.

Have a great day.

~You never try, you never know~

Comments

Unknown said…
pls pls..write more..don't get demotivated..by the way..I'm the one who put ur blog url in the travellerespoint forum..sorry for not asking ur permisson first.. cause i think it's good for other people to know ur experience...so that they know what to expect..
Mei said…
n: No worries. I wouldn't mind at all. It would be good if I can know more working holiday makers.
Anonymous said…
I remember my worries too and still worrying now..hahaha
Biggest worry - If i could ever ditch my comfort zone ?

The moment i throw in my resignation - there is no turning back..

NEver blame a person who tries and fail but blame a person who doesnt try at all - always been my motto

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap