A visit to Greenwich - Part 1

Normally weekend, we will just rot at home. Either do the laundry or sleep like there's no tomorrow. BUT this weekend, we decided not to waste our Saturday by staying at home. Hence, both me and Abi pay a visit to Greenwich (FY didn't join us as she has to meet her friends in the city).

Greenwich was added to the list of
World Heritage Sites in 1997 (other heritate sites in the list are The Great Wall in China, Taj Mahal in India, Great Barrier Reef in OZ, Gunung Mulu National Park in Malaysia (I only know about this through Wiki -.-) & etc etc). I would say it's a historical place that is worth a visit.

To reach Greenwich, we have to take the DLR line (different from tube and similar to LRT in MY).


First time taking DLR, pose for a photo first


East-South London is peaceful and a better quality residential area (at least that's what we feel) compare to North London (happening but insecure). How can you don't like all the houses that are next to the Thames River?

After a while (we were too busy taking pictures and forgot to keep track of the duration -_-), we arrived safely at the Cutty Sark station.



It's totally different from the Oh-forever-busy-London. I really love the riverside.


Passed by a tunnel when we were walking towards our destination. A tunnel leads to unknown :O and I was landing my 1st step into the tunnel!!!


The truth is the tunnel leads to the other side of the river. I was actually in a tunnel that's surrounded by river water...woohoo~ how cool is that.

After playing around in the tunnel (we didn't cross the river, was there just to take photos..hohoho), we proceed to the next attraction.


Is Melaka's bigger than this?

Then I walked into the Tourist information centre and I saw this!


An armor being exhibited. But wtf, can you see THAT?


Two things crossed my mind: 1) Why so obvious? 2) Maybe it's built based on the actual size :O? (I didn't say anything~ I am innocent and I am not sure what's on your mind...wahahaha)

We wandered around the Old Royal Naval College and took lotsa photos.


Beauty on the wall...wahahaha


The Painted Hall! This place is magnificent. They call it the masterpiece of decoration. It took the artist 19 years to finish painting the whole hall.

This pic has the "Harry Potter" feel

Waiting for my maid to serve me dinner @_@

Painting everywhere

Me and Abi with the fake 18th century man asking us for donation -_-

They were having a special event in the hall. The workers changed into the 17th/18th/19th century (unsure about the figure) clothings.

A lady was holding a tray with many glasses of red wine and I thought it's free. After realising it costs 1 pound, the kiamsiap me chose to drink my own water -_-.

One last photo before we head to our next destination.

To be continued ...

Part 2: The Royal Observatory, Greenwich.

P.S. I doubt I can finish writing my Greenwich trip. We took near to 400 photos. Somemore I need to edit and add watermark. Then have to upload and write descriptions. This entry alone already taken me a few hours time. I have a love-hate relationship towards blogging, boohoo T_T

P.S. Buri went for diving T_T no webcam session this week.

~It is not down in any map; true places never are - Herman Melville~

Comments

Sharon said…
yea you should definitely keep blogging, i wanted to take that big step (holidaymaker) but I'm just too afraid to let go of everything here >_<
Mei said…
sharon: I will keep blogging but maybe not as frequent as work has taken its toll on me T_T. Yeap, sometimes I do ask myself why do I choose to come here but if I don't come I will surely regret.

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap