Taiwan - July 2010 (Part 2)

Part 2 after 1 year plus, better than none right :p?

What I didn't mention in the previous post, this trip was a memorable one. I was invited by Bin to join his secondary school friends - Margaret & Laxe after he saw my status in Facebook looking for travel partner to Taiwan. Bin was the only person I know before the trip but I had no regrets joining the travel group. The adventure we had together, the things we did and the companions were SUPERB. 

It was a 8 day 7 night trip from 3rd of July 2010 - 10th of July 2010 (wow, not bad huh, I can still remember this XD). Once we landed in Taipei, we rushed to the train station and headed to Kaohsiung. 

The three musketeers 
After settling down in the hotel, Bin's Taiwan friend brought us to the night market. Check out the food we had.

From top left to lower right: Papaya milk (heard that it's good for breast enhancement XD), grilled food (ordered grilled chicken ass & told Bin it's chicken meat...LOL. The look of his face eating it - PRICELESS), stinky tofu (so-so) and coffin board (Taiwanese style pottage served on toast with chicken & mushroom).
We went back to the hotel after a walk next to the river (Love River). Margaret woke up in the midnight watching Spain vs XXXXX (so this I failed to remember but I know it's Spain playing - World cup yo!).

The next day, we woke up early in the morning and boarded a van to Kenting. It was my first time to Kenting and since it's summer, it's the best time to enjoy the sea breeze.

View from our hotel room.

We rented this later.

Look at the color!! My favorite blue :D

We rented 2 motorbikes and went to Kenting National Park.

Interesting road name.

Nice weather to take photos but not for human...it was really hot.

An artistic one

The famous Erluanbi Kenting Lighthouse
After a long walk, we went to fill our stomach with the local delicacies.

Fresh Seaweed 

Puffer fish - my 1st time trying. Texture too hard for my liking.

Sashimi!

Fried Pearl Oyster in soup - one of my favorite dishes.

Fish roes spring roll

Local vege, according to the boss, only available on rainy days. 
That's part 2 for now. I am missing Taiwan a lot when I am writing this. It was a great trip as we traveled at our own pace. What I will always remember - the night we had beer at the balcony with sea view, the bike rides passing by the seaside, how we convinced the lady to rent us the motor bikes (ahem!)...etc etc.

More to come :)

It's surprising how much memory is built around things unnoticed at the time. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap