A Bad Week for Me

Sometimes I do wonder how not-so-good-things (I don't want to say bad coz I know I am luckier than many ppl in this world!) can happen to me all at once.

1. Bitten by mysterious bugs - My right hand was swollen and I couldn't stop scratching my hand. It was so itchy that I scratched my hand subconsciously while I was sleeping. The red blotches started to spread the next day and I was forced to take medicine. It's better now but my left hand is still scratching my right hand (why does this sound so wrong -_-?).

I realised I am so prone to being bitten by bugs in London - beg bugs, spiders & all kind of weird bugs. I don't know why. The only explanation is - London hates me. Actually my cousins experienced the same thing as well but I am always the one with serious allergy.

2. Hostelworld Booking error - I was surfing Hostelworld for the past few days and realised their system has a very serious bug. If you open Hostelworld in multiple windows at the same time and search for different information, the data in the 2nd and the following windows will be overwritten by the first one. Don't geddit?

Let's say I search for Berlin and then start a new window to search for Prague, when I tick the availability/rates/whatever options for Prague - all the info (list of hostels in this case) dislayed will change to Berlin's "myraculously"! Because of this bug, I have booked the wrong date for my accommodation in Berlin and they have charged 6.90 Euros on my credit card -___- I have to emailed the hostel to inform them to change the dates and I am glad they did reply my email at the end T_T. Praying that I have a place to stay when I am in Berlin.

3. Oyster Card Fault - I secretly despise people when their Oyster Cards are not working and they block the ways of others. So I tell you now, believe in karma because this happened to me yesterday! I walked to the tube staff and told him my Oyster is not working. Normally, the staff will just use their Oyster pass to let me through but this ignorant man asked me "what number?". I was stunned coz I didn't know what the heck he's asking. He asked again rudely and took my Oyster pass. Finally, he let me through using his Oyster pass. I just don't understand why he didn't do that in the first place and has to show me his rude behaviour -_-. Hopeless.

4. Work - Made a few mistakes. Minor ones but undeniable I've created them! How can I be so careless? Communication has been a problem for me as well. I've tried and I am near to giving up as I will be leaving soon...how sad.

5. Takeaway job - My boss decided to close down his shop. He sold his business to someone else. So I've lost my part time job and maybe around £100+ for this month. I feel sad not because of the money (part of it maybe), it saddens me to think that I can no longer eat the food he cooks! haiz...but he said it's a relief to let it go, so I can just wish him all the best as a friend.

I know what are my problems:

- I care too much
- I worry too much
- I want to please everyone though I know it's impossible
- I want everyone to like me
- I am lacking of confidence
- I am anti-social sometimes
- I am too cool -_- or you can say shy
- I am pessimistic
- I have hot temper
- I am lazy
- I don't dare to take risk
- I always follow the rules and I am sick of it
- I hate my sensitive skin

and the list goes on.

Oh and one last thing, how can I expect others to like me when I don't even like myself sometimes?

P.S. I am feeling much better now. Let me rant okay. I still love my life and thank everyone who cares about me.

P.S. Forgive me if I am being ignorant sometimes. It might be that I am lazy or I am too shy to show that I care.


~It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes. - Sally Field~

Comments

Linn said…
Hi there :)

You're indeed a very lucky girl; a girl who get to experience lots of things while being a holidaymaker. I've been following your blog for a while, it may sound corny but your blog inspire me to stay positive (having a crappy job at the moment) & saving enough cents, ringgit to apply for holidaymaker :)

The list of problems you listed down is pretty much just like my problem. Life is short (cliche!), enjoy every bit of it :)

Linn x
hehe...when i read thru your problems, it seem like talking about mine as well(except the sensitive skin, but to frank, i'm get injury easily..maybe because i'm too rude,:P..), actually people is not prefect, that's why we call it human but not God or Buddha, in fact, you are much more better than many people, because you realize that and dare to admit that!is good enough, and i believe you will always try to improve yourself, so be merry, be happy, as you know, there are so many people care about you, cheers!!
Mei said…
wilted-polaroids: Thanks. I am definitely enjoying the travelling part and experiencing a new life. But trust me, you will appreciate more of the things you can have and get in Malaysia - of course I am not talking about the politics =p

All the best to you if you are going for WHM. Let me know the outcome =)

Bluemoon: haha, sad to say, I dare to admit but I am too lazy to change. Actually I did try but I gave up too easily.
yawming said…
hi mei mei, although i seldom comment, but u know i'm your ardent follower right? *hugz* hey, u sure u wanna come back now mm? everybody is looking to get out ya know, anyway to each its own... im sure u hav ur own reasons to come back...well brace for more hardships when ur back here..hehe, just kidding. good luck yo
Mei said…
yawming: I am going home to join you and callyn...hohoho. & thanks for following my crappy blog =p. But I guess leaving the country is not the only solution, afterall I just wana go back to a place where I call home. See you in Malaysia ya!
Hi, just stumbled upon your blog when I searched for Working Holiday. Aik..you're heading home soon? Ok, I'll read up your archive then.

Since, my blog recently touched on Working Holiday, I was thinking if I can read up on the journey of a Working Holiday Maker and I found yours. I'll be posting on why it attracts me instead of taking a 1 week holiday trip abroad. Lets see if we have common reasons to pursue WH.

Btw, thinking of doing it in NZ?
yawming said…
heyy, i dun think your blog is crappy, dun sell yourself short. it takes courage to post personal stuff like yours... i feel its really great. btw are u gonna continue blogging when ur back? if u dun, im gonna miss it ya know :)

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap