Life is vulnerable

Vulnerable

Life is fragile. You got to agree with me, don't you? Looking at what had happened in Burma and China. Everytime I come across the related news, I feel like tearing. A girl's leg has to be amputated in order to be rescued from the rubble. Is she considered lucky because she managed to survive? What's gonna happen to the rest of her life? How about the kids that have lost their parents in the disaster?

Then it leads me to think about my life. People around me (including me of course..haha) always complain about lots of things. The job, the weather, the ppl, the food the transport & etc but look at the victims in Burma and China, do they even have a chance to complain? When we are sitting in the office or staying at home comfortably, on the other side of the world parents are crying for the death of their only child, the children are feeling lost not knowing where their parents are, the old people that are suffering waiting for emergency aid and most of them are waiting for the aid of the most basic things in our life - water and food.

Shouldn't we feel glad? Shouldn't we appreciate our life more? I have a lovely family and friends, I have a job, I can go travelling, I have food to eat and water to drink. What more can I complain? Everyone faces obstacle in life but no matter what happen, if you are reading this, look around you and you will realise your life is not that bad afterall. Appreciate what you have, think of ppl from other parts of the world you will realise how lucky you are and your problems don't seem that serious anymore.

Please donate if you are able to, eat & shop lesser and you will be able to help many ppl.

http://www.dec.org.uk/

I am in UK now so this is the only association I know about, please let me know if you have more information. I will post it here.

~At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us - Albert Schweitzer~

Comments

De said…
i agree with you....the people in Burma really need help but the government is still controlling western aids to help them......i can't begin to understand why the military and the government would let their people die because of personal political reasons....the military is still making it really hard and stopping western aid......i will pray for them and also the people in China.....the earthquake was devastating and my best friend is in shanghai but luckily her area wasn't affected....b4 i complaint i need to look around and see what i have and be thankful for it....u take care....c u ;)
Whoknows said…
I think this post of yours tops it all...it shows that wherever we are in the world...we must have a heart for helping out people in need. Any contribution from all of us will go a long way in helping the victims.

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap