Taiwan - JiuFen -> Yehliu Geopark -> Yang Ming Shan National Park (Part 4)

Part 4 but not the last yet :| I did mention in Part 3 that I will try my best to fit the remaining in 1 last post but I failed! It's not like I tried hard...hehehe I suppose you would prefer to read a sincere post. *cough* #self-assuming

After spending a night in Hua Lien, we started our journey to JiuFen. JiuFen is a mountain area in the Ruifang District of New Taipei City near Keelung, Taiwan. It's an interesting place with cooling weather and shops though I find it a tad commercialize.

The view along Suhua highway.
Top: Our rented Nissan Teana. A short pause as Bin wanted to take pictures. Bottom: Su-ou Port, a multi-function seaport that also houses a naval base.

After a 90-minute drive, we finally arrived at JiuFen. Could have been faster...if not bcoz of..erm...erm...

Where we stay.............NOT. It was too expensive so we opted for a cheaper option. The owner of our guest house is a cute granny :).
Sounds familiar to you? (if only you know Chinese :D). One of my favorite signage. Check out the title of my blog, you will know what I mean.
The famous "yuyuan" - Yam & Sweet potato balls in a bowl.
Sun setting.


We saw this obese dog when we were having dinner. The owner has a few dogs and this is the fattest, the rest are growing towards the same direction #TimeForADiet
Taken from our balcony. Nice? 










After dinner, we bought a few bottles of Taiwan beer and snacks and headed back to our guesthouse. The view above was what we see when we were drinking at the balcony, talking craps and playing silly games. It was so relaxing and I felt at ease with my travel buddies. I feel that I could do this forever as long as I travel with the right people :).

The next day at Yehliu. My 2nd time here, so I was feeling kinda bored and the weather was killing me. I got really bad sunburn here.
Perfunctory shot. Yehliu's rock landscape is one of the most famous wonders in the world.
NEXT - the Yangminshan National Park. This is the Milk Pond :D but non-drinkable. It's actually a sulfur spring.
Sea cockroach, direct translation from Chinese. Any idea what is this? It's all over the mud beach at Yehliu.
Part of the National Park.

There were many couples getting their wedding shots here. Apparently, it's a famous wedding photography spot. We saw more than 5 couples on the same day at the same time.
Finally done with part 4, I promise part 5 will definitely be the last! I need to do a wrap up for this trip ASAP before you I get bored of Taiwan :p.

Have a great Saturday night and excellent Sunday before Monday blues visit~ Ciao!

P.S: I've created a Facebook page for my blog, if you enjoy reading my posts please like my page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mei-at-mywhmlifeblogspotcom/396855897000256 :)
 

Some roads aren't meant to be traveled alone.

Comments

Dianne said…
hello!

i chanced upon your blog while googling for Taiwan because i'm considering going over in end July but i've heard that it's really, REALLY hot and humid. hotter than in SG (where i stay). any opinions on this?! would really appreciate them. like how the temperature was. is it cooler at night and in the mornings?

thank you!!!
Dianne :)
Mei said…
Hello Dianne! Sorry, I just saw your comment :p. I've been to Taiwan twice in summer. It's hot and you will sweat a lot - just like Malaysia and Singapore. Unless you stay indoor :). I would suggest you to check out their beach - Kenting is not bad at all. If you are one that loves the sunshine. Another good point of it, you can get suitable clothes (summer clothing) from Taiwan during summer :)!
M-Knight said…
like the scenery at JiuFen

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap