What to eat and drink in Barcelona ~

edit: I realized it is not a short entry anymore after I completed the whole entry T_T

It will be a very short entry because I didn't spend much on food and I really regret I didn't bring enough Euros.


Tapas!
Appetizers in Spain with 100 over varieties. Be it cold or hot dish. Usually the people in Spain will have a pint of beer and a few Tapas dishes before dinner. Go for seafood dishes and if you don't fancy seafood, they have olive and cheese as well. Sipping wine/drinking beer and eating tapas at the same time, it's a great pleasure in life;)


Paella
A rice dish cook in a frying pan with key ingredients such as rice, olive oil, saffron, vege, meat and seafood. From what I observed, most of the restaurants in Barcelona offer Seafood Paella. Oh, do you know that I love seafood? That's why Paella is a MUST-TRY for me in Spain. Especially squid! Therefore, I ordered the Arroz Negro Paella which is the Black squid ink rice. If you are not as adventurous as me *cough*, please go for the standard seafood paella that has a normal edible presentation. If you don't get what I mean...please look at the pictures below -_-

Seafood Paella:


Delicious look right?

What I ordered -_- Arroz Negro Paella:


I had it once for lunch and once for dinner. The one on the left looks alright but ... you must be wondering wth was that thing on the right. It was not overcooked, we suspect the chef squeezed the squid too hard and overflown the paella with blank squid ink T___T Trust me, there were prawns, peas and squid but it was just too dark to be seen. The taste was not bad but I believe it would be better in a more decent restaurant. (That's why I said, $ must bring more than enough T_T)
You want to know how black is the black paella? This is what I get after I smacked my lips on the serviette -_-.



Beer

I love beer. If I am to order drinks in a pub/bar/club, my first choice will always be beer. 1st, you will never go wrong with beer; 2nd, it's easier to order beer compare to cocktails with long and weird unique names like sex on the beach la, hawaiian sunrise, squashed frog -_-||| the list goes on & on; 3rd, beer is the western herbs tea coz it's so cooling and lastly it helps in easing constipation, it works for me lor. So, one of my travel missions is to try the local beer.


San Miguel. You can try the famous Estrella too. Check out the list of Spain beer here.

Sangria

The famous wine punch in South Spain/Portugal. Sangria means bleeding in both languages. It contains red wine, fruits, sweetener, carbonated water and small amount of spirit.

At first, I thought Sangria is a Spain beer -___-. I even asked the waitress about it but she can only tell me "No, vino, vino (means wine in Spanish & Italian)". Not knowing what she said, the adventurous me *cough* went ahead with the order.

Surprisingly, it tastes really well. The red wine blends well with the fruits - but the alcohol was quite strong with the additional spirit (not sure what kind of spirit they added in though). I slept like a pig after that -_-. Highly recommended, I am totally in love with it.


Sangria is usually served with a wooden spoon.

One more thing, most of the supermarkets sell fresh/frozen seafood. If you stay in the apartment or you have a kitchen to be utilized, do consider buying seafood from the markets. A very budget way to taste fresh seafood. They are quite affordable and cheap. Too bad, I only thought of that on the last day -_-.

Okay okay, I really have to go to bed now. Have a great day!

P.S. Don't scold me if I provided any wrong information on my blog -___-. Just tell me nicely okay...damn scared -_-.

~One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating -Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story~

Comments

Anonymous said…
Salud !!!
Mei said…
lynn: Have you tried it before?

Ruey: Yes! I still miss the Paella =)

Popular posts from this blog

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

To you ...

Geramnya!