Love hurts, but why are you still holding on?

This afternoon (during lunch time okay, I didn't curi malas), I was browsing through blogs and I came across a love quote on my friend's blog.

"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable." - C.S. Lewis

My first response after reading the quote - "I'd choose to be vulnerable even though I know it will hurt. If my heart will be broken, so, be it then."

Love hurts because there is no such thing as a perfect relationship. We fall in love, we argue, we get hurt, we patch things up or we break apart with incurable scars - be it mentally or physically.

When things turn sour, I swore to myself never to get hurt again. The naive me has totally overlooked the fact that getting hurt is part of the process. A process of building up a stronger relationship or a process to learn.

I've been through a few broken relationships. I've hurt someone and been hurt badly. I've done stupid things, leaving trace that will always remind me of my idiotic decision. There was a time, I lost faith in myself thinking I wouldn't be able to love again -_-.

Obviously, I was wrong. How could I forget all the good memories? The love we shared, the laughter, the cheeky smile on your face, the way your hand ran through my hair, the hugs, the kisses, stupid arguments, my tears, your helpless face and all those nights & days when you were next to me. I cherish every single moment.

Tell me now, how can I keep my heart intact? How can I lock it up safely and not to grant access to anyone?

Love hurts but it molds me into what I am today. I am not perfect but I have no fear to continue loving and getting hurt because I believe I will eventually find someone who will pick me up every time I fall:).

I hope you too will be brave enough to love and to be loved again.

P.S. You get hurt but it doesn't mean you have to stop loving.

P.S. Actually this entry is nothing really about me, just being sentimental as usual la...you know I am a sentimental person right? Just like the girl in "Dream of the Red Chamber", flowers died already also must cry and bury them, haha..okayla, just joking -_-

Comments

Pei Lee said…
Yes it's so true. I once thought that i am not going to have a relationship anymore but that's so wrong. Even if love hurts, we should have the courage to go through it as the is the process of growing up!!!
Mei said…
Pei Lee: You have a blog! I can visit you now. Yes, I love the feeling of loving someone and being loved =p
Joel Yap said…
I like the quotation very much!!
Hello fellow nuffnanger, poey you'll be alright with whoever this post is about.
Pei Lee said…
yalor i finally have one, stil alot to learn n discover though :p
thanks for putting a link for me in your blog :)
but the word 'pretty' seems overated mauahaha

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap