Laos - Vang Vieng & Vientiane

I just realized I haven't blog anything in May, I swear it's the lazy bug that's distracting me! #lameexcuse

This is going to be my final post on Laos trip (yeah ~!). After spending a few days in Luang Prabang, we boarded a bus to Vang Vieng. Vang Vieng is famous for its outdoor activities, including tubing and kayaking on Nam Song River. If you are not keen on water activities, trekking and rock-climbing in the limestone mountains are good options too. 

Nam Song river where all the water activities take place. 

It's beautiful especially with its limestone karst landscape. 
Our dinner view. We wanted to order "Happy" Pizza (Vang Vieng is famous for its "Happy" food :D) but I am too kiamsiap to pay like double for a normal pizza with special ingredient that's not good for health o_0? timid to give it a try.
After surveying and walking around the town, we signed up a package for tubing and kayaking the next day. Unfortunately, it was a gloomy and rainy day. We were unlucky :| We managed to do tubing in the cave but it was so cold that all of us decided to withdraw from kayaking.

Winter + rainy day + windy + < 10 degree Celsius => a no no to water activities, furthermore you know you are gonna get wet. Though I love kayaking so much :(
The stay in Vang Vieng ends in disappointment. We headed back to Vientiane the next morning.

Stopover for lunch. 
Haw Phra Kaew, a former temple in Vientiane now a museum.
A crying boy ~
That concludes our trip to Laos. It's a place that I wouldn't mind visiting again. The only down side is the incident occurred in Luang Prabang (ya, I am finally telling you the story - if you follow my Laos posts, you will know). We got bitten by bed bugs! If you are my reader since I started this blog in UK, you will know how much I hate BED BUGS! Beg bugs and I are absolutely irreconcilable! Either they leave me alone or I kill em' all -____-!

We got bitten on the 2nd day in Laos, Luang Prabang. They intruded our clothes and backpacks. We were basically scratching our bodies everyday in Laos. We have to apply insect repellent every night so that we won't get more  love bites. I've been asking myself why can't I get rid of them? From London to Venice to Budapest and now Laos -___- What can I say? I can just assume that they love me too much to let me go! It's definitely not a blessing


Anyway, thanks for reading. You might want to check out my previous posts on Laos:

Laos - Vientiane
Laos - Luang Prabang (1)
Laos - Luang Prabang (2)

My relationship with bed bugs:

The Bed Bug Story
BED BUGS WAR!
Bed Bugs are Back! (My love letter to bed bugs ...wtf)

P.S. photo credits to Bin, thanks!
P.S. Thanks Queen Crab for the advises and thanks for listening

Experience, travel - these are as education in themselves ~ Euripides

Comments

Joyce Tan said…
Hi Mei Kuan, very useful info on your Laos trip. I'm heading there this December particularly for the tubing in Vang Vieng.
Mei said…
Enjoy your time there! Drink more but drink safe :p BTW, congrats on your engagement!

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap