Kuching, Sarawak - Bako National Park

On the 2nd day in Kuching, we woke up around 6+ in the morning and walked across the road to have kolok mee. Kolok mee reminds me of Hakka mee in KL but with slight difference in the ingredients. Our 1st try on Kolok Mee was satisfying. After breakfast, we started our journey to Bako National Park. 

We paid RM 10 for entrance ticket and another RM 50 for a boat as Bako National Park is only reachable by boat (max 5 passengers in a boat but we couldn't find anyone to share the boat with us maybe coz we are too pretty and they are shy -.-). The boatman left us at the dock around 9am+ and we told him to be back around 2:30pm to pick us up. 

After registering ourselves and got the map of the park, we had a discussion on which trail to take and we decided on Teluk Pandan Kecil trail where we will end up at the beach :D.

The welcome sign (typical tourist shot...lol)
Visitors on the boat

Met him - the bearded pig
Annoyed by us coz we were taking photos non-stop..lol
Some artistic shot
A long way to go. YY leading.
Dried pitcher plants
Tree roots everywhere
Finally...Had our lunch here - just some snacks.
Time to go back.
Spotted proboscis monkey. I got neck pain taking photos of them. 
One of my favorite photos for this trip. 
Storm is coming.
Pretending. In fact, I was waiting for the boatman la.
We were exhausted after trekking in Bako National Park. We went back to the hotel to clean ourselves and had a short nap (if 2 hrs is consider short...lol). Woke up feeling refreshed and headed straight to Kampung Buntal (yes, again). This time we went to another seafood restaurant in the same area.

Our favorite: Midin, just can't get enough of it. It's similar to paku vege but I prefer Midin! Coz I realized I am allergic to paku. Whenever I eat paku vege, my tongue turns numb -_-. 
Fried squid.
Curry bamboo clams
Black pepper crab. Absolutely delicious! Must be the black pepper in Sarawak :D
We drove back to the city and since it's still early we decided to take a stroll around the city.

Kuching, the cat city.
Dewan Undangan Negeri Kuching, Waterfront Kuching
Astana
Waterfront Kuching
I truly enjoyed my walk at Kuching Waterfront. With buskers performing, food stalls, people strolling, great night view and the river breeze, it's as if I was in another country. It reminds me of Seine river except the hot weather :). 

That pretty much sums up our second day in Kuching! 

P.S. Guess what? My previous post is shared on Sarawak Tourism Board's Facebook page . It's truly an honor and a driving force for me to continue blogging :)


We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru

Comments

Looks like you had a great time. I've yet to go to Bako.
Mei said…
I had a great time. A must go if you visit Kuching :)!

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap