My 428 - Bersih 3.0

I was feeling nervous and excited at the same time. What's ahead is unknown but at least I need to do my part for my country.

11:47am: Arrived at Plaza Rakyat station, on the bridge. I had the urge to cry looking at the crowd. We are here for the same purpose - we love our country, we are here to fight for a better future. Why can't our dear government understand this? Who wouldn't want to spend their weekend more comfortably? Instead of stuck in a crowd, sweating, shouting and under the hot sun?


12:22pm: Having a quick brunch at Petaling Street. Stuffed ourselves full to ensure we have enough energy to walk on. We were told someone passed away in Petaling Street. (It was confirmed later a guy passed away in the early morning due to heart issue, RIP).

RM 4 for fried mee hoon & a piece of yong tau fu. Taste bland, I didn't even chew much. Just for the sake of feeling my stomach.
1pm: We walked from Jln Sultan towards Dataran Merdeka. The crowd were shouting Bersih and in high spirit. People are holding yellow/green posters and angry bird balloons. A guy attended the rally in a wheel chair *respect*.





1:25pm: We are near the bar council and only a short distance away from Dataran Merdeka. The police has blocked Dataran Merdeka. Saw two ambulance heading to Dataran Merdeka but forced to reverse as the police didn't allow them to go through (what if there's really an emergency?!).



1:37pm: We are still standing at the same place. Sweating and waiting.

1:45pm: We were told to sit down. Our buttocks are burning. 

2:45pm: We walked to Menara Maybank and saw a bigger crowd here. The crowd here are very "semangat"! They seem to be heading to Dataran Mederka.




2:50pm: They started walking and we are amazed by the number of people who attended Bersih 3.0!


3:15pm: We stood at Mydin. From faraway and saw tear gas being fired.

3:40pm: We are lucky to get into Plaza Rakyat station before it's closed. Met a Malay uncle in his 60s in the train, he traveled alone from Ipoh just to attend Bersih 3.0. There's really no excuse for me not to be there.

Summary: I regret I didn't make it for Bersih 2.0 and I feel bad seeing others fighting for the country and our future! I was there because I don't want to be the one who complains about the country all the time yet not taking any actions or contributing to make it a better place. If we succeed, I can at least tell my next generation that, yes I was part of it. If we fail, my children will do the same for their next generation - to fight for a fair and clean election, most importantly a government that loves his people.


Men love their country, not because it is great, but because it is their own.  ~Seneca


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap