Laos - Luang Prabang (2)

On the last day in Luang Prabang, we hired a bike to Kuang Si Waterfall. It's about 2km south of Luang Prabang. If you have ample time in Luang Prabang, I highly recommend you to visit Kuang Si Waterfall. It's a beautiful travertine waterfalls with numerous turquoise pools (it reminds me of JiuZhaiGou although I haven't been there before :p).

We passed by the Bear Rescue Centre while walking towards the waterfall.
I love this photo. Taken by Bin :)
Look at the color of the pool.
At the top of the fall. Good place for swimming. The con is you have to change in the public - e.g. behind the tree trunks, standing on the mud :| (yeah, that's what I did & have to ensure no one's around) #beingadventurous
Another of my favorite shot by Bin.
After the visit at Kuang Si waterfall, with plenty of petrol in the tank, we decided to tour around. Being adventurous, we stopped by a few villages to check out their Wats.

An old and ruined Wat.

A Wat in white. 
When we were leaving in the evening, we realized our tyre is deflated! We were lucky to meet a couple from Spain who assisted us to move our bike to the nearest mechanic shop. Once the tyre is fixed (thanks to the owner who didn't overcharge us), we speed all the way back as it's already late and the road has no street lights (drizzled half way some more!). Thank GOD that we arrived sound and safe.

The following day, we took a bus to Vang Vieng. I was looking forward to the river sports but the weather had disappointed us. So, that's another story to be told :).

I wish everyone a great week ahead!

When life throws you lemons, make orange juice.  It will leave them wondering how the hell you did that.  ~Author Unknown



Comments

Nava K said…
Gorgeous pics and they sure looks so professionally taken.
Mei said…
Hi Nava,

thanks for dropping by. My bf taken most of the pictures, I am still learning. I thank you on behalf of him :).

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap