Ad-Hoc Trip to Hong Kong

It was ad-hoc as tickets were purchased a day before the travel date (yea, that's me. As cool as you can get #dontpuke). I was going through a very down time at that moment. My then boss was very kind to allow me to take off from work for a week still need to work from home la  to sort out my mind.

While thinking rubbish  resting at home, I managed to catch up with Pam Pam online and she asked me to visit her in Hong Kong! So I got stimulated by her (hahaha) and rushed to the Air Asia counter in KL Central to purchase tickets (couldn't purchase online coz it's less than 24 hours, I think).

Not many photos taken because I was not in the mood (I was depressed leh). I only took photos when I was out with Pam, that's when I was feeling slightly better. Thanks Pam for being there and let me put up at her place for 4 nights, also thanks for the Internet connection (for me to work from home *ahem*).

Yeah, that's emo me. 

Hairy Crab! It was the season.

The tools to eat hairy crab. 

Cheese & Garlic baked mushrooms *delicious*

The crab

Walked around the area after dinner

Went to take the Peak Tram

Dearest Pam Pam, missing her d -.-

Great view but strong wind

One of the famous HK dessert - 杨枝甘露, mango sago and pomelo.

The following night, we visited the Modern toilet restaurant in Wong Kok. It was not available in Malaysia by then.

We queued for 45 minutes -.-

Food is so-so. Hence I only took pic of this signature chocolate ice-cream *a piece of shit*

I was there for 4 nights (if I am not wrong :p). It's a very rare trip for me, very last minute and there's no plan on where to go. I just spent time walking around Tung Lo Wan, walked into book shops, to the local markets, the cosmetic shops, had Jap food alone for lunch, took the ferry to Hong Kong Island ...

It was an emo trip but come to think of it now, I actually enjoyed every bit of the trip. Not knowing where to go and I was alone (Pam's working in day time) BUT, it's also an opportunity to explore around and get to spend time with myself. No regrets and I actually kind of missed traveling alone :p


"Old times" never come back and I suppose it's just as well. What comes back is a new morning every day in the year, and that's better. ~George E. Woodberry

Comments

shah said…
thanks for sharing the story
Mei said…
Hi Shah! Thanks for dropping by :) Have a good day!
Pamela said…
when are u coming again????
Mei said…
Pam pam!! If I come, it's gonna be another adhoc trip! lol

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap