Philippines - Sagada -> Banaue -> Batad (Part 2)

I mentioned in Part 1, it's taboo to continue blogging about Sagada trip because I was typing the post in hungry ghost month at night time, I was going to blog about the Hanging Coffins. And I am scared of ghost -_-!

I find it pantang, so I didn't take any pictures while we were there. All photos (almost) stolen from my travel partner's Facebook :D

We have to walk pass the cemetery. 
To see the hanging coffins
After a night spent in Sagada, we took a bus to Banaue.

On the way to Banaue
Once we arrived in Banaue, we hired a jeepney to bring us to Batad. But no road leads to Batad village, hence the jeepney dropped us at the Batad junction. Recalling this, I feel like crying. It's a 30-minute walk up to reach the Saddle under scorching sun. It was my fault that I didn't check the itinerary with my travel mate. Hence no sunblock applied, with no hats and a heavy backpack, we walk towards the Saddle.

The jeepney driver filling petrol. 
The 30-minute journey took me more than an hour. I was drained and almost fainted (no joke!). But it's not the worst yet. When we reached the Saddle, I found out that we have to walk another 40-minute to Batad village. I almost cried (maybe I did, I forgot -_-) and felt like pushing my travel mate down the hill.

The path to Batad. Yea, that's me walking with a stick. It's not a flat road...sob. 

At the end, I have to say it's worth all the sufferings (not that bad actually, I exagerrated :p). 

Had our lunch with great view.

The view from our room

Another one. Batad rice terraces is declared by UNESCO as World Heritage Site with other four clusters of rice terraces. It is said to be the most beautiful terraces in the Ifugao province 
I think I spent more than 2 hours walking to this village. I was not physically prepared for this and so many times I thought of giving up (in fact, there's nothing much I can do but to continue walking -_-) but I managed to pull through. Lessons learned -_- - always check the itinerary and be physically fit.

Part 1 - Sagada Trip

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.  ~Edmund Hillary





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap