Half Year Anniversary ... in London

Yesterday marked the half year anniversary of me being in London. Time flies like nobody's business without considering my fear of growing old T_T

Oct 2007
Landed in London and can't wait to fulfill my travel dreams. Everything look so good!

Shifted thrice, from the mini-tiny hostel room to a private studio and ended up in a houseshare with a room that fits 3. Spent most of my savings on accommodation.

Experienced having bread and water as lunch.

Steal Took the toilet roll from the public loo. Squeezed lotsa Mayo & Ketchup from the bottles in the fast food restaurant when we had our cheap meals so that we can bring the extras home. (can you imagine that T_T)

Went for 3-4 job interviews and secure none.

Emotion was like a roller coaster. Home sick, love sick and with worries of running out of cash.

Nov 2007
Still jobless, started doubting my decision to be here - why did I make such a stupid decision and come here to suffer!!!

Badly bitten by bed bugs. Went to the hospital and had been scratching non-stop for 2 weeks. I queried God, why does this happen to me?
Went for another few interviews and finally got myself a job!!! Thank GOD and Thank my grandmother, I know she is watching me from above.

The tough part had just started. A whole new working environment and I was so out of place -___-. Never had I felt so alienated even though I had tried to befriended others. First round attempt to make friends - FAILED!

Borrowed £ from cousin brother to pay for the rent T_T (you see, I was that poor)

Dec 2007
First trip out of London - Bath and tried my first ever cream tea (In actual fact, it didn't look as grand and classy as the following picture ... haha)

Celebrated Christmas and my 25th Birthday in London.
I was in love...so in love.
I was sick for two weeks. To make things worse, I had a conflict with cousin sis and I broke down for the first time in London. I couldn't hold back my tears and I asked myself again "what am I doing here?" "Why did I make such a stupid decision to come here"
Jan 2007
Went to Greenwich and had a really enjoyable trip.

More and more ppl asking me about Working Holiday Maker visa. Started wondering what are their objectives to apply the visa - to fulfill a dream, to get away from the reality or just wana earn £?
Relationship going downhill.
Feb 2007
Queen Crab and Little Alien Crab were here for their Europe tour. We went to Manchester and Liverpool, still find it unbelievable that we can spread our crab spirits that far. I have always been glad that I met you guys.

A rather quiet month except the arrival of the crabs.
Mar 2007
Internet was down at home T_T. Please please do not live at where I am staying now. I will reveal the place once I move out from here -_-

Got out from UK and went for our first Europe trip to Germany & Belgium.
Conflicts made me real sick.
I was emotional coz of the unstable relationship.
Apr 2007
That is now ... my eyes are closing T_T. I am actually blogging from work. I am not lazy okay! I am blogging while I am waiting for stuffs to come in. I am a good and responsible employee *chin up*

Summary: The journey of WHM is not easy. Please do consider clearly before you apply unless you are super duper rich (in this case, you don't need the visa, just travel la -_-). you gotta be well prepared, be it mentally or physically. You will need to walk alot, it's different from KL where you get to drive all the time. The cold weather, it's depressing coz it rains frequently. The job seeking process that will kill all your patience.
The sweet tooth from this is you get to travel a lot. The strong UK currency (not so strong now..lol) allows you to travel easily compare to Ringgit -_-. So it's not only Europe countries that you can go, you can even travel to US if you want =) (but need to apply visa la). Also, WHM gives you a whole new experience of living and working abroad. It might be a once in a life-time experience!
Okay, I got to go now. It's 531pm...haha. I have a feeling that I am gonna be busy tomorrow -_-
P.S. I am gonna send the postcard tomorrow. So far I've only got the address from Ryan. 3point8? hello? u there?
P.S. When love is no longer sweet, it numbs me with bitterness.
~If you stop struggling, then you stop life - Huey Newton~

Comments

Anonymous said…
I 'so know' how u feel..Felt i mean... minus the bed bugs ! Gosh..it look severe :(
There are moments i questioned myself my purpose in this poundland too...Dissapointed in interview, getting trashy jobs, feeling miserable in cold weather, missing family friends and FOOD..
Myself ? Got to re-focus back on the reason i am here - Working + Holiday :D
oh well, what doesnt kill me makes me stronger as per say .. all experience is good
poppychick said…
I haven't check your blog for slightly more than a week and so many entries O_O *yays actually* :p

I'd say for all the lessons, they give you a chance to be better. Failing at making friends? Try again :P Running out of £? Try looking for other venues and save some more. LDR is a killer, perhaps it'll work out fine with another guy. Urm, hopefully it works out fine with another guy! lol I promise I'll bring you the Ubat Cap Ibu dan Anak then I have a reason to meet you up :P Or Mamee.. I dunno, any snacks you missed :P *nudges Walkers' crisps - super yummy :D* haha, my 2 cents :D
Mei said…
lynn: but you have your bf here! lol..at least someone to warm you up when you are down =) Don't worry, you will definately get a job that you desire!

Mae: You are right. You gotta think the positive out of all the negatives. HAve to T_T. Anyway thanks for the encouragement. All the best for you interview!
Unknown said…
Take heart! It's really difficult to be out here in London and faw away from your loved one(s).

Some years down the road, you'll probably looked fondly at the time spent here.

Cheers!

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap