Dining alone

I was in Mid Valley to run some errands and having difficulty to decide what to eat and ended up at Sushi King again. Sushi King is always the last resort for me, for the Nth time -_-. 

Sushi King
Sashimi & Tempura set - RM19.90+. Let me know if you know where to have this at a lower price, I will definitely give it a try *kiasu mode* 
Despite many people criticizing Sushi King's food, I still find it bearable and affordable compare to many other Jap restaurants. Maybe I don't have expensive and high class taste buds :| I was surprise to find a queue in front of Sushi King but I got seated immediately because I was alone. That makes me think of the benefits of dining alone:

1. Easy to find seat unless the restaurant is super crowded.
2. Don't have to wait for others. Lets say lunch is at 12pm but you will always end up leaving the office much later than that waiting for the rest and maybe another 15 minutes thinking where to eat.
3. You can eat whatever you like. You really feel like eating noodles today but one of the colleagues said she prefers fast food for the day and you have to pretend you are absolutely fine with it -____-
4. Better budget control. Your budget is only RM10 for today, nothing more than that. Then a friend of yours was saying, lets order more dishes to share and the rest agreed. Hence, you have to forget about your so-called budget control.
5. You can just focus on yourself and food :) 

I've spoken to a few friends and some of them find dining alone pathetic. They think only "forever alone" people will dine alone. But personally I enjoy dining alone a lot and it doesn't mean that I am forever alone -_- I enjoy it because I get to eat at a slower pace and spend time on myself.

How about you? Is dining alone yay or nay for you?

The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Comments

Joyce Tan said…
There's totally nothing wrong with dining alone. I do it sometimes. Well, I find people who can't dine alone is "pathetic". :P
Mei said…
Good to hear that I am not alone :) By the way, congrats & can't wait to see you start posting baby photos ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap