Sarawak Cultural Village

On the 3rd day of our Kuching trip (1st day and 2nd day), we paid a visit to Sarawak Cultural Village. At 1st, I was hesitant to go as I find the ticket price a little bit steep - at RM 60 for adult; RM 30 for child (age 6 - 12). But I was there in the end due to kiasu-ness. 

Breakfast - Sarawak Laksa. My favorite in Kuching! It's so delicious I had it again the next day in another kopitiam :p But still, I think Chong Choon's Sarawak Laksa is the best. 

Kampung Budaya Sarawak 

We started our tour with the Cultural Show

Pitcher plants lantern - I like!

Bamboo bridge. Too bad it's closed.

Houses for you to visit in the village

The Chinese Farm House
Malay House

Kuih Kapit making in the Malay house  
Melanau Tall House
The interior of the tall house
Rumah Orang Ulu - Beautiful traditional motifs painted on the totem poles, making it one of my favorite houses in Sarawak Cultural Village.

Sape (Guitar) performance

Steep staircase

The Bidayuh Long House

Iban Longhouse
There are a total of 7 ethnic houses in SCV. There's also the Rainforest Music House but it was closed on the day we were there :/. We spent around 3 hrs in SCV taking photos and walking around the village.

If you haven't been to SCV, I strongly recommend you to pay a visit. 

My previous posts on Kuching trip: 


P.S. Lacking in updates, I know :| I am trying my best :D *sincere smile*
P.S. Sincere thanks to those surrounding me with love and joy.

When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap