Being Twenty Something ...

Do you know that it actually takes a lot of courage (or maybe stupidity - I never thought of the consequences) to be where I am now? I am never a brave person so I have to be honest to you I am actually damn scared now T_T.

When I am here shielding myself from reality, most of my peers in Malaysia are getting closer to their targets in life with excellent career prospects, financially stable, getting married, forming a family and so on ... Then I w
ill start querying myself - wtf am I doing here -_-?

I start to wonder what I will be facing when I am back to MY. I knew from the beginning that, once I made up my mind to be here I should have had prepared myself for the worst when I go home. But still, I can't help to be worried T_T.


Career, relationship, money & etc etc, I don't feel like I am standing firm on the ground now. Everything just seem so unpredictable. I still don't have a
decisive direction for my career and I am missing my ex-colleagues/best friends a lot (don't kembang pls). Relationship wise, do you knows it's really difficult for a more-than-mid-20s female to find the other half? It's either the males have been taken or they are gay. About $$$, look at the fuel price now, need me to say more? & my friends, have they forgotten about me o_0? I am just feeling insecure T_T. I am missing my family and a strong shoulder for me to lean on T_T.

However, if I am given a chance to turn back time, I
will still make the same decision. Ok ok, stop throwing tomatoes on me, I am just a typical Capricorn who worries about every single thing. Just let me rant okay T_T.

I have been listening to Keane's Everybody' changing, this part of the lyrics make me think a lot "everybody's changing and I don't feel the same" ... haiz


Anyway, back to Euro 2008. I am disappointed with Italy's performance. I have been supporting them
since year 2000 but looking at the way they played in Euro 2008 really sadden me. Where is Inzaghi? Where is Nesta? Where is Totti? Where is Christian Vieri? The player I missed most will be Paolo Maldini, he was the main reason why I supported Italy in the first place. After being knocked out, hopefully they will restructure the whole team and I am hoping to see a better Azzurri team for the next world cup.

That's all for now. Sorry about the ramblings. But after all, this is my blog right -_- (wah, I sound so snobbish...haha)


Comments

Unknown said…
hey mk, it's gwen.. i hardly see you online, nor i am online a lot myself. hope all is well over there. it's been a long time since we last chatted.. so i thought of saying hello here.

Ive always felt that you were 1 of the rare brave ones that followed your dream to UK.. and i sure envy the places you visited!! so do enjoy your life there yea, I hope I get to visit you before you go back to Msia!

*hugs*

-gwen
poppychick said…
I realised when I was in secondary school, I used to go out with guys from same year. In college, I used to go out with guys slightly older cos I think I was looking for someone more mature. Now, I'm just open to suggestion, metaphorically speaking lol

Yes, being twentysomethings is that you meet less people I guess. I can count my friends within one hand =.=. Anyways it's up to you to be socially active so that you get a better chance to meet the one ^__^. In some cases, you might meet the guy you want to fall in love with in a very special circumstances, e.g. social clubs, random gathering, MMORPG etc. Well, if you're not restricting to just looking for a Malaysian dude :P, maybe you might stumble upon the guy while you're there? :P
poppychick said…
bleh, i should check my message before publishing for typos etc :P
Whoknows said…
hey, I think by the next world cup, this set of Azuuri's will grow old and wont go past the first round....just like it happened to France in 2002 and Brazil in 2006.

Well, I dont think it is difficult for a mid-20's girl to find her other half. BTW, only the taken males are gay...the untaken males are straight and single. Guys marry girls in their mid/late 20's not someone who is 18-21. So dont worry...not only do you have a great life ahead when you go back to MY, you can definitely find a single, non-gay, late 20's, Malay-chinese chap for yourself.
I feel inspired looking at your travels across Europe. I think you have had an experience for a lifetime. Life is not all about money and cars. I just cant wait to get this experience myself.
Zawa said…
Hi mae,
Being 20 something is not that bad at all... wait till you get to 30.
Yeah, I don't think it's diff. for mid 20's to meet guys. Think of the bright side, quantity may decrease, but quality likely to increase.. haha.. I've seen quite some good examples.

We can't turn back time, but we can still stay young at heart.
Mei Mei...

We are somewhat alike in some ways. Being away from home, being home sick, worried about our future, worried about adapting to a normal life back where we came from...so many things to think about. I can somewhat understand what is going on in tht little mind of yours. Don't ever give up. We need motivation, need encouragement. Find it, stick to it and keep going because of it. I'll cu soon...
Mei said…
Gwen: How are you??! It's so nice to hear from you. I realized whenever you were in MY, I won't be around -__-...like last time when you guys went to Melaka -_-..zZz. Hope everything is going well for you. I wana go to US too =p TAke CAre *HuGzZz*

Mae: It's scary to grow old ... when things started to change and suddenly you have so much burdens on your shoulder. The people you meet are so different compare to your childhood or classmates ... I just never thought that I will age so fast T_T

Arun: Have you started traveling? I think that's the best part being in UK & the one thing I am most lookin forward to. If I really can't find the right one, I wouldn't mind being single but I must be a rich single lady ~ haha

Zawa: Yes! I should stay young at heart...and maintain my young look also..haha

chairman of bored: ming ming, c u soon and then we can chat till the next morning ..erm if I am able to stay at your place la..lol

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap