[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

I didn't have any expectation for Wadi Mujib Reserve. I thought it would just be another ordinary water trekking trail under scorching sun. Yes, it's summer now in Jordan and we have just experienced 40°c a couple of days ago in the desert 😣

It was only at the Wadi Mujib Reserve Centre that we realised it's an adventurous trail with high water level and strong water current.

In fact, it's canyoning that we need to do: climb, wade, abseil and swim at certain places! I was reluctant at first due to the hot weather and had doubts if I could complete the trail. But hubby was keen and my father in law is going too (he is in his 70s!), so there really was no excuse for me not to.

My father in law who is an avid traveller and photographer

The trail started with a climb down a rock. From here, the water level got higher as you walk/wade deeper into the canyon. At one point, I was almost swept away by the strong water current. I grabbed the rope as tightly as I can and screamed until hubby came to the rescue.

Starting point




Splendid rock formation
This is the end of the Siq trail

In spite of all the challenges, we managed to complete the trail and returned to the starting point in 1 piece 🤪 Needless to say, it's an experience I will remember for a long time. If you are visiting Jordan, other than Dead Sea and Petra, I highly encourage you to include Wadi Mujib Reserve canyoning into your itinerary.

This experience reignited my love for outdoor adventures
When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset. Reacquaint yourself with the earth beneath your feet. Thank the air that surrounds you with every breath you take. Find yourself in the appreciation of life. -Christy Ann Martine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

2021 Recap