Taiwan - Tamshui -> Shilin Night Market -> Taipei 101 (Part 5 - final)

The final post on my 2010 Taiwan trip ! Yeah, I know. I need almost 2 years to blog a trip. But I am still proud of myself at least I didn't give up! #shameless

We continued our drive back to Taipei city after Yangminshan National Park. We went to the famous Tamshui (Danshui) once we arrived in Taipei. It is a place I always wanted to visit as I've read about it many times in love novels (yes, I am a romance addict - another secret exposed -.-). It is a popular location for viewing the sunset with restaurants along the riverside.

Too bad, it was a gloomy day.
The famous Tamshui Fisherman's Wharf
Laxe buying his favorite quail eggs. The sauce is delicious.
One of the famous local drinks - sour plum tea
After spending a romantic great afternoon in Tamsui, we drove to Ximending to check into our accommodation, dropped our luggage and headed straight to Shilin night market, one of the largest in Taiwan!
The last time I read on news, the stalls here were moved underground. We tried the bubble tea - favorite combination = Oolong Milk Tea with pudding, Taiwanese sausages, oyster omelet & etc. 

SW brought us to the most famous snow flakes crushed ice shop in Taipei (don't ask me the name, I forgot :p) It was so so so good, sorry to say, definitely taste better than those in Malaysia.
The following day, the boys and the girls went separate way. Me & SW took the MRT to Wufenpu and the boys decided to stay in Ximending to shop. Wufenpu is a shopping heaven, best known for wholesale garment market for the retailers in Taipei. I didn't manage to take any photos, too busy shopping! 

At night, Laxe went clubbing with his Taiwan friends and SW was out to meet her uni mates. So that leaves me with Bin to plan for our own outing. We decided to visit Taipei 101, it used to be the world's tallest building in year 2004 - 2010, overtaken by Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

Before we enter the building
In the lift

The main tuned mass damper atop Taipei 101
Posting this coz I think I look slim here. Those were the days...sigh.
View from Taipei 101
That's the end of our 8d7n Taiwan trip. It was a fun-filled trip with great companions in one of my favorite countries.

Check out the rest of the entries here:

Taiwan - July 2010 (Part 1)
Taiwan - July 2010 (Part 2)
Taiwan - Kenting -> CingJing Farm -> Taroko Gorge -> Hua Lien (Part 3)
Taiwan - JiuFen -> Yehliu Geopark -> Yang Ming Shan National Park (Part 4)

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Comments

M-Knight said…
love the night view from 101 tower
Mei said…
Me too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap