Review: Maiu Japanese Buffet

I am not gonna bombard you with my Taiwan post consecutively. Therefore, I will blog about something else (no need to thank me :p). On a random note, before I start showing you all the delicious food pictures to make you feel hungry, I wanna tell you -----------> I just clean my bathroom and toilet like 10 minutes ago...hohoho. It's sparkling clean now, just a random note XD. Oh oh, one more thing, I am boiling roselle tea. Hopefully, I get to have a cup before I sleep.

Let's begin the food journey ~ A couple of months ago, we (the crabbies) decided to meet up and gather at Maiu Japanese Restaurant for their lunch buffet. I rarely have a chance to meet up with them since I left the company. Hence, it's a mutual understanding among us that we will go for something nice whenever we eat together.

Maiu Japanese Restaurant is located at Sri Petaling and they have another outlet in Damansara Perdana. This is my 4th time here, so you can say that the food is not bad ;).

Maiu offers Daily Ala Carte Buffet. We, crabbies went for the Lunch 11:30 am - 2:30pm. We arrived on time coz we are kiasu like that.
Interior of the restaurant


We were given a menu, those like a form to make order. Let's say, Salmon sashimi, we just need to fill in the quantity and pass the form back to the waitress. Crabbies can EAT, check out the food: 
Appetizer: Chuka Kurage (seasoned jellyfish), Itako Kyuli (seasoned baby octopus) and tomato salad (if I'm correct :p)
This is another must-try - Kaki Tofu Fried. It looks like normal fried tofu but there's oyster in it! 
How can we miss out the sashimi! One of the reasons I like Maiu -> they offer butter fish (shiro maguro) sashimi which is also my favorite, salmon comes second. The sashimi are fresh and look at the thickness, ichiban!

We ordered more food - Saba Shioyaki and...others (aging, memory lost)

Edamame and Tempura Moriwase
We actually ordered a lot but I was too busy fighting for food eating. You can check out their menu at http://maiufusion.blogspot.com/2010/08/weekend-lunch-buffet.html. Other than the food shown above, I like the followings: 
1. Soft Shell Crab Maki
2. Soft Shell Crab Age
3. Special Mushroom Soup (might be too sweet for some) 
We ended our lunch with ice-creams - green tea, chocolate and wasabi flavor. 
Final Bill for 7 adults and 2 children (under 140cm so FREE :))
Maiu might not be suitable for you if you are looking for varieties of food. However, Maiu is definitely a good option if you are looking for quality food especially sashimi. For me, I know I will definitely go for the sashimi, appetizers, soft shell crab, hand-rolls and kaki tofu fried. To me, it's worth the price - RM 42+ as I can eat lots of sashimi. 
For more information, visit their website:
http://maiu2u.com/
Maiu Damansara Perdana G-3A, The Place, Jalan PJU 8/5D, Bdr D'sara Perdana. 47820 Petaling Jaya.
Maiu Seri Petaling No 30-1, Jalan Radin Anum 2, Bdr Baru Seri Petaling 57000 Kuala Lumpur

P.S. I am feeling extremely hungry now! Lesson learned - not to blog about food at night :| Goodnight peeps.

The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chichele Road

[Jordan] Wadi Mujib Reserve, Siq Trail

2021 Recap